Position Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2022
Education: University Degree
Senior Software Engineer
Position Type: Full-time
Based out of London, Ontario since 2003; Control Play develops custom business entertainment products for themed entertainment venues throughout North America. We strongly believe in the power of entertainment and what it can achieve for a business’s relationship with their customer. Everything we do focuses on creating the highest quality entertainment experience for the guests of the businesses that subscribe to our services.
Our team members enjoy flexible working hours, a casual working environment, as well as snacks and beverages throughout the workday. We celebrate success as a group and strive to make each other as productive as possible, all while having fun doing it. PLEASE NOTE: Current openings are in our London, ON offices. We support remote work for all employees. While we remain open to fully remote candidates, we prefer candidates who would be able to be on-premises at least weekly.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer excited about leveraging technology to deliver high end media experiences through our SaaS, to our subscribers.
To us, Senior means a candidate with relevant experience who is excited about taking ownership of several projects, consulting where required while ensuring that the projects remain aligned with our strategic direction. The position will have the autonomy to complete projects and choose architectures that result in the best possible product experience.
We are in the process of modernizing our infrastructure, working with modern web frameworks, C#.Net, AWS and Azure services, while also supporting our legacy infrastructure based on languages as far back as Perl and C++. Make no mistake about it, our product is not a simple website. This is a complex, real-time, web-based application and backend critical to delivering a reliable entertainment experience to our customers.
A successful candidate will be willing and able to dive into a legacy code base to make improvements, but simultaneously be contribute to a ground up rebuild and re-architecting of the entire application that is already underway.
The majority of the position will be focused on backend services development and integration but be willing to tackle a wide variety of challenges including front ends, database admin, network and security design, operational automation, service and cloud service administration, and more.
We believe in DevOps. Every member of our team is a cross-functional full-stack contributor to Development as well as the operational components which support their projects.
Our company is energetic, agile and challenging. Work hard, play hard! Our development team is small, but solves big problems.
Current technology focuses include:
C# & ASP.NET Core
MySQL & Redis
Media streaming & CDNs
Zuora financial & accounting integration
- Develop high quality, performant and maintainable code.
- Contribute to architectural design of new products and features.
- Follow existing policies, procedures and technical direction.
- Implement complex interfaces and user experiences.
- Work with projects throughout their lifecycle: Plan, Analyze, Design, Implement and Support.
- Develop experiences, not code. Ensure servers and networks can support new products before deploying them.
- Advance our development tooling and procedures.
- Research new technologies and present recommendations to the team.
- Identify and resolve problems within current infrastructure.
- Partner with others to ensure that execution of any new implementations are seamless.
- Relevant professional experience in several related technologies.
- Candidates with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline will have an advantage.
- Must have experience building data-driven applications and connecting to/consuming remote data sources.
- Strong English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Modern, flexible and customizable workspace with multi-monitor PC.
- Spacious modern Dev Studio.
- Unlimited snacks.
- Fully stocked beverage fridge w/ soda, energy drinks, and juices.
- Competitive pay, bonuses, and relocation costs (if applicable).
If you enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems, brainstorming fresh and new ideas, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.